Mountain of Fire

The view of our beautiful mountain is green no more. Friday, August 1st a fire started at the base of the mountain and quickly moved west up the face and then spred north and south to completely cover the west side. As neighbors we watched on our front lawn from 3:00 in the afternoon to well into the night, about 1:00 am. The fire burned all night and then helicopters continued dropping water the next day to douse the remaining embers glowing. No homes were lost despite the strong winds and large flames. Awesome firefighters! I was unable to capture the full magnitude of the fire with such a small lens. It basically included our whole front view. An experience I'm sure our family will never forget.

Our blackened front yard view.

1 comment:

Tamra said...

Wow, scary! I can't believe how close that was to you guys. I agree, it's sad you lost your pretty view. I have been meaning to tell you about a website. www.thecutestblogontheblock.com Check it out! It is a much easier way to change the background of your blog. That is what I am using now!